Monday, January 16, 2012

Canna Lily



Canna Lily
Canna x generalis
(KAN-uh) (jen-er-RAY-liss)


This is a flower from a few years ago. It was an unusual color for a Canna Lily and very beautiful. As a professional I use plants for specific reasons more than most people and Cannas have been used for their foliage more than the flowers. However if the flowers are as nice as this one that could change. The advent of the plentiful dwarf Canna has helped their use factor too.

A few years ago I practically gave up on Canna Lilies because I was getting a fungus on the leaves that seemed incurable. I have since found out changing the soil seems to help this problem. I have also been buying my plants from smaller/more expensive dealers. So while I won’t plant big masses like we used to having a few here and there and in containers is working out.

3 comments:

Ruby said...

These are very delicate flowers. I still have some difficulty viewing your site. some yellow blank page is on the right side obscuring the page. Cheers!

Suz said...

They grow like weeds here and can take over the whole garden. I have this color now in my garden. There are no flowers on the plant.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Sorry ruby. I am working on it.