Thursday, January 12, 2012

Plains Zebra

Plains Zebra

Equus quagga




We have a whole new look here, which will undoubtedly be changing over the next few days. I finally had to pull the trigger on a new template as the old one was just acting up too much. For many years I had a slick system writing my posts in MS Word and pasting it in to blogger. That gave me a separate savable file for each post. Lately Blogger has been giving all sorts of hassles when pasting so I am trying the new editor function here and see if that stops the formatting problems.



If you have and trouble or weirdness when viewing this site please report it in the comments section. I am sure this post will look strange until I get used to the new system.



Today’s picture was taken from a safari bus in Arizona. The animals were very close as this picture was shot using a 70mm lens. Zebras are fascinating animals to me. Each one is individually striped and it is thought the stripes have several ways of distracting predators. Closely related to the Horse the Zebra has never been truly domesticated.

2 comments:

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Morning Chris, like the new look. there is an applet after the first paragraph that isn't coming up.

DeniseinVA said...

The Zebra photo is lovely but I am getting a large white blank space blocking everything else that has a yellow border around it. Might be just my end I guess but I thought you would like to know just in case, especially as you mentioned the new template.